Your teeth play an important role in your overall health and happiness. If you’ve ever had a toothache, then you know how painful they can be. To help you keep your teeth healthy and clean, we have put together some dental health tips for you to follow. These dental health tips will help you to keep your teeth as healthy and happy as possible.
- Foods – The foods you put in your mouth do have an effect on the health of your teeth. Try to avoid sweet foods as well as acidic foods. These foods can erode the enamel on your teeth. If you do eat these foods, brush your teeth immediately afterward.
- Dentist Visits – It is vital that you visit your dentist for a checkup twice a year. Doing so will help to catch problems early, keep your teeth clean, and keep plaque buildup down.
- Brush Your Teeth – This should be obvious, but many people do not brush often enough or correctly. Brushing your teeth twice a day in gentle circular motions will help to remove plaque and won’t damage your teeth or gums.
- Fluoride – Using a fluoride toothpaste will help to prevent tooth decay. Fluoride works to kill harmful bacteria in your mouth as well as provide a barrier that protects your teeth.
- Floss – Flossing is just as important as brushing your teeth. Be sure to floss at least once a day.
Following these five dental health tips is one of the best things you can do for your teeth. If you have any questions or need a dentist to perform your biannual checkup, give us a call at the office of Northside Family Dental.