Here at the office of G.R. Sheumaker Jr. DDS, we gladly provide our clients with the best in professional teeth whitening. While there are many over the counter and home remedies that can be used to whiten teeth, our office uses the most proven and effective methods to ensure you get the smile you’re hoping for. Although are teeth whitening methods are safe and effective, over time, the whiteness can fade, especially if your teeth are not well cared for. Here are a few ideas for helping your teeth whitening last as long as possible:
- Eat foods that protect your teeth: Certain foods can help strengthen your teeth and make them less susceptible to stains. Foods that are crunchy and rich in water like celery and apples are great for your teeth.
- Avoid foods that stain your teeth: While eating these foods once in a while is fine, there are certain foods that can stain your teeth if you eat them regularly. These include coffee, tea, red and white wine, tomato sauce, berries, soda, and sugary foods.
- Try a straw: If you do have soda, tea, or coffee regularly, try using a straw to keep the liquid from touching the outside of your teeth.
- Brush, brush, brush: Brushing your teeth after every meal can help fight off stains as well as bacteria and decay.
- Don’t smoke: While we know giving up smoking is no simple task it can be a major factor in keeping your teeth white and healthy.
While each of these tips will contribute to the whiteness of your teeth, regular dental visits are also necessary to keep your teeth in the best shape possible. To learn more about teeth whitening or to schedule a checkup, give us a call today.