Going to the dentist, especially if it has been a while, can be a little nerve racking. We want you to have a relaxing and enjoyable experience while visiting our office. Sometimes just knowing what to expect during a dental appointment can help calm some anxieties. When you visit our office at G.R. Sheumaker Jr. DDS, you can expect your dental appointment to have these five elements.
- Dental Exam – The first thing the dentist will do is talk with you about any concerns you may have. Do you have any sensitive teeth? Do you have any tooth or gum pain? Then the dentist will take a look at your mouth to look for any problems like gingivitis and tooth decay.
- X-Rays – If it is your first visit with us or it has been a while since your last exam, we will want to take some X-rays to better see what it happening below the surface of your teeth and gums. A vest will be placed on your torso during the X-rays. X-rays only take a minute or two to complete.
- Cleaning – The next step of your dental appointment will be your cleaning. A dental hygienist does this. The hygienist will scrape away excess plaque from your teeth. They will also floss your teeth and polish them.
- Dental procedures – Depending on your dental plan you may need to have other dental procedures done or at the very least scheduled.
- Payment and Scheduling – After your appointment you will work with the front desk to schedule any future appointments and make any necessary payments.
We want to make your dental appointment as smooth and simple as possible. We hope that you will give us a call today to schedule your next dental appointment.